Pingdu, Shandong Corn planting Big business in the "cold winter" production reduction and price drop
This year's drought corn production reduction, but also hit the price drop, let Ji Zhiqin very helpless.
"I've been working hard for a year, but I didn't expect it to be like this..." Squatting in front of a pile of corn, Ji Zhiqin, a big grain grower in Pingdu, looks sad. According to reports, Ji Zhiqin plant More than 600 mu of corn has been planted. This year, due to the drought, the yield of corn has been seriously reduced, and some of them are even out of production. However, after the autumn harvest, the price of corn has fallen to the lowest level in recent years, with less than 80 cents per kilogram.
Prices plummeted, losing hundreds of thousands
Recently, the reporter came to Pingdu South Village. On a cement road in Guozhuang village, Ji Zhiqin was busy cleaning up the corn drying on the road. In October 2013, she and her husband contracted more than 600 mu of cultivated land for grain production in Majia Xibu, Shijia Nanbu and Lijia Nanbu in Pingdu Nancun Town.
In other words, the annual cost of 800 mu of land and fertilizer is 800 yuan. "No matter whether there is output or not, the cost of 600 mu of land is indispensable!" Ji Zhiqin said that this year's corn price was almost half lower than that of previous years. At the lowest point, it was even less than 80 cents per catty, which was less than half of that of last year.
"Due to the drought this year, the harvest was not good. Unexpectedly, the price was low. According to this proportion, our loss in this season will be close to 500000." Ji Zhiqin said.
"Corn can also be put in February. During this period, it will be restricted by the drying ground, damp and insect pests." Ji Zhiqin said that in February, with the temperature rising, once the corn molds or sprouts, it will be worthless at that time, so it has to be disposed of before that in any case.
"So I know that if I sell it at the current price, I have to lose money, but I dare not hold it in my hand plant The wheat of the next season is to buy fertilizer and seeds. If you don't recover some money as soon as possible, how can it work? " Ji Zhiqin said.
A number of factors led to the decline in food prices
In addition to normal eating, grain feeding livestock, providing meat, eggs, milk and other products for human beings and being used for other deep processing industries are also important consumption, and the biggest source of corn processing is feed.
Sun Zhen, a salesman in a feed factory, told reporters that with the price of milk powder falling, dairy farmers were affected, "milk is difficult to sell, even if sold, it may also lose money, so many of my customers have reduced the number of cows." The downturn of breeding market directly leads to the decrease of feed sales.
Sun Zhen also revealed that in the raw material ratio of feed processing, corn raw feed only accounts for about 30%, and is mainly stored grain or 2-3 years old grain, and the rest 70% are mostly imported substitutes, such as imported barley or imported distiller's grains. "The prices of imported barley and distiller's grains are about 1600-1700 yuan per ton, but the market price of a ton of corn in the same period is more than 1900 yuan. In order to reduce costs, feed enterprises increase the consumption of substitutes, which directly leads to the decrease of corn market demand and the decline of corn price.
According to industry insiders, China's grain output has been growing for 12 consecutive years, and the grain bank has been growing. Affected by economic globalization, the number of imported grain has also been increasing since 2010.
Storage capacity should be expanded
The State implements the lowest purchase price for wheat and rice in the main production areas, and carries out the target price reform for soybean and cotton, separating the price from the subsidy. The government will no longer purchase directly, let the price follow the market, and then subsidize the difference to farmers, forming a mechanism close to the market. Therefore, there are many voices calling for the implementation of this reform on corn as soon as possible.
Xu, director of the regulation and Reserve Department of the Qingdao Municipal Grain Bureau, said that the fall in grain prices is only a periodic phenomenon, and that governments at all levels are actively working on expanding the capacity of warehouses.
Xu said that the state may also implement relevant policies for some grain growers in the next step to help expand the storage capacity. "The current situation is that there is no place to store grain. Once there is a place to store it, plant When the price of grain goes up again, the farmers can go up according to the price Xu said.